Long Hill Township Board of Education
The Long Hill Township Board of Education consists of nine members who serve the school community as the policy making body governing the district. Meetings are held during the second and fourth Monday evenings each month.
We believe it is the responsibility of the Long Hill Township Board of Education to provide an educational climate that stresses high academic achievement and will permit students to grow socially, physically, intellectually, morally and emotionally so that they may become happy, useful and self-supporting citizens within the limits of their individual abilities and interests. We believe in each individual's worth and dignity as a person.
- that education is a growth process by which people learn to think and act more effectively;
- that we must provide a safe, pleasant environment for learning;
- that respect for the policies of a democratic government is desirable;
- that students should acquire an understanding of and a respect for the traditions, customs, and heritage of the country;
- that students should be encouraged to use leisure time wisely;
- that students should be taught that education in a broadened sense, can become a lifelong pursuit for everyone.
The Long Hill Township Board of Education encourages a close relationship among students, teachers, administrators, and the community. We seek to prepare our students to function in a rapidly changing world with an awareness of the past, an understanding of the present and preparation for the future.
The Board's principle responsibility is to establish policy. The Board is also responsible for the selection of the superintendent, the initial appointment or reappointment of personnel; the approval of the curriculum, textbooks, and supporting materials; the process of negotiations with those organizations that represent the professional and non-professional staff; the formulation of the budget; creation of the school calendar; the maintenance of the existing facilities; and research and planning of new facilities.